Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Profile: DJ Roland

I started DJing around 1995 in Octagon with Mark. When the place closed down we moved to Club Zoom in January 1996, spinning the matinee's and night spots. Club XTC was owned by the owner of Zoom (Ash) so we played there as well. Sunday matinees and friday nights mainly, with DJ Wills. All the FreekForce DJ's are from mobile and club backgrounds so our musical variety covers just about everything. In the mobile I play mainly the 80's set, my trademark being "Walking into sunshine" by Central Line. I also play the early house tracks and squeeze my way into the RnB set. On the side - I fiddle a bit with production. Had a few underground tracks back in the day. Nothing professional ... YET. Favourite Artists/Genre: Guy / New Jack Swing. Favourite Producers: Teddy Riley, Dr Dré, DJ Quik, Steve 'Silk' Hurley.

No comments: